I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 13 December 2017

A dusting of snow


Whilst much of the country - Wales, the Midlands and the South West - had a huge dumping of snow last weekend, Yorkshire escaped with a light dusting. I was somewhat disappointed. More had been forecast and I didn't have to go anywhere, so I was hoping for the chance of a walk and some snow photos. It's been several years since we had any decent coverage. Saltaire, in the valley, had barely a few flakes but it has been below freezing ever since so the ice hasn't really melted. In the end, I took a walk up Altar Lane in Bingley, which goes high enough for the scene to look passably Christmassy.

7 comments:

  1. Pity. I love to see snow on the hills, maybe it's saving itself for Christmas. All very wet and messy here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a pretty sight to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Christmasy here and really cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photo Jenny - and does look really Christmassy - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had six inches! It looked pretty but I felt a little housebound ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been promised storms across Germany for the next week! Trees down, trains stopped and road signs blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very pretty, not so much snow that it would prevent you from taking a walk.

    ReplyDelete