I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Snowdrop gardens


The gardens at Goldsborough Hall are known locally for their display of snowdrops in February and are open on just two Sundays for public viewing. On the first Sunday this year there was more snow around than snowdrops, so I chose to visit the second Sunday. It was a day that promised sunshine but, in the end, disappointed, even though it was quite mild. The massed snowdrops are very pretty though I think I prefer them when they are interplanted with more colourful species like the hellebores below. 




5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing some here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly are a pretty sight!

    We'll have a lot of snow to melt before those show up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a display! I agree, I like them inter-planted with the purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So pretty. I don't remember snowdrop clumps being so dense.

    ReplyDelete