I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 5 February 2017

Picture window


Whilst in Bradford, I also visited the Impressions photography gallery and the Media Museum. We photographers are spoiled for choice here! The Impressions gallery usually exhibits very contemporary works, the kind of thing that I sometimes think I'd have binned if I'd taken it... An acquired taste, I suppose.

On this occasion, I found the exhibition - 'The Queen, the Chairman and I' - rather interesting. It traced the family history of photographer Kurt Tong, who was brought up in Hong Kong and whose Chinese grandparents escaped Mao's advancing Communist armies. He uses old family photographs alongside his own pictures of Hong Kong. The exhibition is being staged to commemorate twenty years since Hong Kong was returned to Chinese sovereignty.

The gallery is opposite Bradford's City Hall, in a modern sweep of buildings that now also holds the city library. Its huge windows give some interesting views of the surroundings.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see those exhibitions. Interesting view form the huge window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful way to frame a shot of the city skyline. I'd enjoy that exhibition.

    ReplyDelete