I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Christmas tree?


My original posts for today and yesterday have disappeared... Blogger suddenly started duplicating posts, so I deleted some of the duplicated drafts - and then the originals disappeared too! Along with everyone's comments. Grr. Sorry to those who took time to comment.

I can't remember what I said about this, except that I like the wonderful purple cone-like blooms. With their glowing red tips, they look like little candles on a Christmas tree.  I have no idea what species the tree is. RHS Harlow Carr has some exotic and interesting cultivars.

I was pleased with how my new lens performed on this one too.  It's good to be able to play around a bit more with depth of field though I have yet to perfect the art.

5 comments:

  1. Came out nicely this photo. Sorry to hear about your blogger problems. A new lens, that is always fun, A prime lens perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good contrast between the colours, green and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful plant. They almost do not look real. I am glad you persevered. I have been having trouble also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny - I did comment and how strange that the post disappeared ... I'd hate that to happen to mine!

    Love the Christmas tree look - aren't those cones fun ...

    Good luck with Blogger from now on .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say that I have ever seen a tree like that one.

    I read about many people having Blogger problems these days. So far I have been spared except for just one day when I couldn't load a photo with Safari so I shifted over to Chrome and got it done. I had not heard about Blogger eating whole posts before.

    ReplyDelete