I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 4 September 2015

Hip and trendy


The area around the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds has been extensively redeveloped in the last decade or so and has been done rather well, I think. It comprises the old docklands area, where the River Aire and Leeds-Liverpool Canal once provided a navigation for ships to-ing and fro-ing with the trade that an important city generated. The docks themselves no longer exist but some of the historic buildings have been preserved and new blocks built, housing a mix of digital tech-type businesses (my son-in-law's company is based here), residential apartments and the restaurants, bars and clubs that the hip and trendy local community require.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great area, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to scroll to the top to be sure I was really on your blog. This might be the first modern architecture I can remember seeing on it (except for an occasional shopping mall photo).

    ReplyDelete