I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 22 May 2015

Something old, something new


Sometimes I feel like I've photographed every square inch of Saltaire and its environs since I started this blog. Even those of my regular readers who've never set foot in the place must know it like your own backyard! So I'm always on the lookout for something new or different, whether permanent or temporary. This glorious tumble of clematis falls into the temporary category (and is it my imagination or does all the blossom seem particularly abundant this year?). The view down Moorhead Lane towards what used to be Saltaire roundabout (now Saltaire traffic light controlled junction, which doesn't quite have the same poetry...) is one I don't think I have photographed before. It is, however, a view that has only changed in the detail since the buildings were constructed in the latter half of the 19th century.

6 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. Nice pre-Summer scene here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is laden with blossoms and enhances the shot beautifully. I never tire of seeing your photos of Saltaire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has to be one of the biggest clematis I have ever seen. Our flowers have been beautiful here too ( though my clematis have been nipped by rabbits AGAIN) maybe there has been a good result of our cool temps. I have enjoyed your photography so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful! I find that since I have been to Saltaire that it is fun to figure out where you are standing to take your pics etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful clematis enhancing the view down the road.

    ReplyDelete