I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 17 February 2015

A spoonful of sugar


I was somewhat irked to have to make a special trip to Leeds after work yesterday. I had to get my spectacles repaired. I had managed to lose one of the little plastic bridge bits that enables them to rest comfortably on my nose. (I'm sure there's a proper name for them but I don't know it.) I tried a sort of bodged home-repair but it wasn't very successful. Varifocals have to be set just so or you can't focus through the right bit of the lens and that is important at work, faced with a computer screen all day. Plus they were gouging a sore patch on my nose! Although I thought you could get the bits replaced in any opticians, none of the local shops would agree to do it so I had to take them back to the shop I bought them from. An hour and a half's round trip for a few minutes job.

Anyway, job done, I suffered a packed train journey home in the 'rush hour', trying to quell my increasing hunger and keep a lid on my grumpiness! All was forgiven when I had the chance to photograph the beautiful evening sky as I arrived back in Saltaire. The sun sets, of course, in the west and the western sky didn't look especially interesting but the pink and gold reflected light on the cloudscape to the east behind Salts Mill was very pretty. Once again my iPhone did a creditable job. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

11 comments:

  1. Its a gorgeous view...can take away anyone's grumpiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole annoying journey was well worth it for this wonderful shot Jenny :) the street lamp adds a real touch of elegance to the image, j'adore..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful photo, sky and foreground. Maybe today will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I missed your blog. It is wonderful. Greetings from Coventry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture is totally out of time , and I would not be surprised to see Mary Poppins just round the corner !
    A nice reward after this hard day .

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous picture! Composition, colors, all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a winner, jennyfreckles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The view from Albert Terrace is my favourite of Saltaire. In fact I've got one, but not as beautiful,over my desk taken years ago and I can look at it even now. There is some longing in it, nostalgia, something ancient. You are really lucky to live in such place :)

    ReplyDelete