I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 1 January 2015

The Hop


There will probably be some sore heads this morning after an evening spent here. (Not me, I hasten to add! I'm strictly teetotal these days as I take medication to prevent migraines that, if mixed with the tiniest amount of alcohol, gives me a mega-hangover.)

Since the dangerous roundabout at the top of Saltaire Road was turned into a traffic light controlled junction, this area has been much improved with the addition of trees and atmospheric lighting.

The building used to be a tramshed, the terminus of a service from Bradford to Saltaire. Trams apparently ran from 1902 to 1939 and since then the building has had a variety of uses, most recently being a bar/restaurant called The Old Tramshed (not surprisingly). That has recently been taken over by Ossett Brewery as part of their small chain of successful 'Hops'. It's been refurbished and will continue as a bar, restaurant and live music and dance venue.

6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous spectacle by night .... beautifully captured
    Happy New Year and may you enjoy another year of captured moments from Saltaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I find the world is a pretty nice place, even when you're sober!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On December 22 I passed 30 years without a drink. I was MUCH funnier when I was a lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of New Years to you, Andree! No headaches here -- my husband and I shared a bottle of bubbly with dinner but didn't even stay up till midnight. Kinda a perfect New Year's Eve for us.

    I look forward to wandering through your world in 2015. xox, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years! Beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete