I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 2 August 2014

Random - pink and blue


Walking to work the other day, I noticed a blue car parked close up by a low wall, with three flower heads peeping up through the narrow gap. I thought: 'that looks pretty' and walked on, then suddenly decided it might make a good image so I doubled back and whipped my iPhone out. I get slightly bothered what people will think of me taking pictures (apparently) of someone's car, so I didn't take more than a second to snap it. Sometimes, quick 'snaps' are all the more satisfying for not being overly analysed or pre-meditated.

The plant, I have discovered, is a herb called Valerian, which grows all over the place here as a weed. Its roots are used as a remedy for insomnia, amongst other things.  Perhaps passing this every day explains why I feel ready to fall asleep again as soon as I get to work!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out great! And you didn't get your finger in the shot! haha.

    ReplyDelete