I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 6 July 2013

Leeds old and new


Walking back into Leeds' shopping centre from the waterfront area, I took a route I don't often use and was suddenly struck by the mix of architectural styles. You get so used to focusing on the modern shop fronts at ground level that what is above often doesn't get noticed much. I know there are some lovely old brick buildings in Leeds, something that the Bradford and Saltaire area has very few of. Here, I rather liked the building on the front right (on the corner of the romantically-named Commercial Street and Briggate), which looks to me as though it could almost be in Germany or Austria. I don't think I've ever really registered it before.

1 comment:

  1. Cities are made for looking up .... I like the way the new blends in with the old ... not in style but in colour.

    ReplyDelete