I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 28 February 2013

The Hepworth


The Hepworth, Wakefield, is a new art gallery opened in May 2011. Designed by David Chipperfield, it forms part of the "Yorkshire Sculpture Triangle", which also incorporates The Henry Moore Institute in Leeds and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. It is named after the sculptor Barbara Hepworth, who was born and educated in Wakefield. It houses some of her work, as well as showcasing many other artists and sculptors through an ongoing series of temporary exhibitions of contemporary art. It also displays pieces from Wakefield's art collection. It has a very nice café too!

5 comments:

  1. A really nice shot, jennyfreckles. The light, and composition, just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saltaire is somewhere that I have a great desire to visit - one day I will get there. If I read your blog it will keep reminding me, and I will get around to doing something about it. I look forward to the virtual journey and then actually getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very neat and new, clean and tidy, not how I remember Wakefield from about 7 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Barbara Hepworth was from Wakefield. This looks like a very suitable tribute to her. Such a lot of good reasons to visit Yorkshire, I'm taking notes from your blog for our next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went looking for this place in Sept 2011 but got lost. Will have to try again when next over there!

    ReplyDelete