I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 25 December 2012

The reason for the season


Another of Saltaire's Living Advent Calendar windows, in a house on Caroline Street, this seemed an appropriate image to remind us of the real reason for Christmas (not Santa after all!)

I heard a whisper somewhere (can't recall where) that there really was a new-born baby living at this house - and if that's true, then I wish the family every blessing at this special time of year. Enjoy your little one, they don't stay tiny for long. This time last year, my precious granddaughter was not much bigger than this. A year on and she's almost a toddler, and seems as happy and healthy as a child can be, for which I am thankful every single day. I'm going to really enjoy my Christmas Day with her.

Thinking today of all my family and friends: those I will see and those I won't, those I know face-to-face and those I know (and many I don't) who read this blog. Wishing you a very happy, peaceful and joyful Christmas, if you celebrate it, and a very good day if you don't.

'The star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshipped him.'  Matthew 2: 9-11

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family! This pic is perfect for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Advent window, what a great idea, gently highlighting the truth of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very fitting image for Christmas, jennyfreckles. I am sure that your day has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a simple but very effective window. Hope your day was super.

    ReplyDelete