I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 23 December 2012

Heavenly host


Another of Saltaire's Living Advent Calendar windows - this can be seen in the porch of Saltaire's United Reformed Church.  It exemplifies the best of these window designs - bold, graphic, simple - and yet somehow (to me) it gets across a feeling of joy and exuberance, of angels trumpeting the good news of Christ's birth.

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favour rests.' - Luke 2:13-14

5 comments:

  1. This is striking, and I immediately saw the face of a colourful character. Is that deliberate, or is it just my imagination working overtime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, now you've said that I can see it too (in fact I can't NOT see it!) I don't know if it was deliberate though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I saw the face first before I saw the angels. Very interesting and striking and certainly joyous. Have a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Happy Christmas, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Sorry, jennyfreckles, this one doesn't do it for me . . . )

    Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete