I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Royds Hall Farm


                                                                                                             
I've featured this old farm house on Shay Lane before.  It's known as Royds Hall Farm and it was built in the 17th century.  I have heard that it has stayed in the same family ever since, though I don't know if that's true. It's a charming old building, though probably a nightmare to look after.  It has been 'listed' for many years, meaning that any alterations or repairs have to be agreed, so as not to change its character.  The roses around the windows are a pretty addition, though the blooms have been badly affected by the wet weather.  It was hard to get a good picture, as it is surrounded by quite a high wall for privacy.  One can hardly go charging into the garden!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting house. I can only imagine the expense of maintaining it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I'd love to see inside. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete