I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 12 July 2012

Mirror, mirror


This is more or less the same view as that in yesterday's post.  This photo was taken just 45 minutes later, by which time the sun had burned off all the mist.  There was no wind at all for a short while and the water was as still as a mirror.  That's quite unusual because the estuary is tidal so there are strong currents ebbing and flowing all the time.

I wish I'd got a bit of separation between the reflection of the trees and the blue boat but I only realised that with that wonderful gift of hindsight!  I would have had to get a bit higher and I'm not sure how I could have managed that. (Sometimes being 6' something instead of 5'5" would be useful!)

8 comments:

  1. Glad you have seen some blue skies! Ah the bliss of living in one of those cottages.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 45 mn between the two pics?!!two worlds, two kinds of light , and two perfect pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first one is more spectacular. What a difference 45 mins makes. You could have moved to the left like in the first shot. Hindsight is annoying sometimes. Two great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still a wonderful shot. And just look at those clouds reflected in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what a difference only 45 minutes can make! Both shots are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both shots are beautiful, but different. I think I prefer the misty shot, it has a touch of solitude about it, and I like the muted colors better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful. (You might have achieved the separation at 5'5" just by moving a bit to the left.) I saw this photo and post after seeing the later HDR post. It confirms for me that I prefer the natural scene. I also loved the mist scene, but they are two different things. Printed and framed and then hung together, they might be smashing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can appreciate the artistic value of some HDR photos, but most often I find that the exaggerated contrast on nature shots makes them look unreal. When I see them in travel brochures, I know to stay away. Diane did a marvelous job of this lovely shot of yours, and there's no question about her generosity; but looking at the two several times, I still prefer your original (which may already have seen some post-processing, but not extreme). My two cents. :-)

    ReplyDelete