I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Bad news and good news


There was bad news and good news.... The bad news was that I had gone out in bright sunshine without an umbrella, leaving a line of washing happily drying in the sun.  Then, all of a sudden, the sky went black and there was a terrific downpour.  I got soaked and, by the time I got home, the laundry was wetter than it had been coming out of the washing machine! Ho hum...

The good news was: this gorgeous double rainbow appeared over Saltaire.  I wasn't in quite the best place to photograph it and it soon faded, but for a few moments it was glorious.  And I always think that rainbows are very good news indeed.

"When the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between me and all living beings on earth.  That is the sign of the promise which I am making to all living beings."  Genesis 9:16-17

12 comments:

  1. Glorious, indeed! Sorry about the laundry though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Worth getting soaked for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photograph and a great promise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny .. I was up in Leeds and Brough at the weekend .. and there were rainbows then - your picture is beautiful .. absolutely gorgeous - fantastic photo to capture.

    Love your photos and views around the area ... cheers Hilary

    PS - the weather can come in so quickly can't it .. heavy drops and freezing cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully captured Jenny, sorry about the washing but hey this image more than makes up for it I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad the chap in the window is looking the wrong way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A double rainbow??? That is certainly worth having to deal with wet laundry, isn't it? I like your image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An incredible photo and capture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous! Well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is spectacular. I don't believe I've even seen a double rainbow before in person. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete