I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 2 January 2012

In search of colour - 1


It may be mild weather here but the downside of that is that it's damp, drizzly and incessantly grey.  Short of photos and short of inspiration, I set off in search of some colour in Saltaire... I found it in all sorts of unusual places.  This abandoned Christmas bauble looked like it was suffering a bad hangover, collapsed among the leaves in the gutter.

12 comments:

  1. Certainly a stark contrast. England is a beautiful country but those grey skies would get me down too. I hope you find some 2012 inspiration soon. Show us how your grand baby is growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the framing of this one. Happy New Year, jennyfreckles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that picture! Sadness and nostalgy are shown here, in a beautyful way.
    I wish you a Happy, serene and creative year, dear Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I don't know how you do this, but it is beautiful. Love the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am feeling like you it's warm for the season we had 11°C on New year's eve but also drizzly and grey !
    Awful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done, Jennyfreckles. You found plenty of inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sparkling ruby amid the gloomy grey - delightful capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the leaves are lying collapsed, the decoration looks fine! A wonderful photo! Well done JF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your composition and post processing here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh that is very cool! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete