I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Gnomes need homes


I visited the annual Christkindelmarkt in Leeds Millennium Square on Saturday, hoping to buy some authentic German Stollen cake.  (I bought some last year and it was lovely.)  Sadly, no cake to be seen, though plenty of other sweet treats - marshmallows, chocolates, doughnuts, poffertjes, sticky nuts...  There were many colourful stalls, none more so than this one full of cheeky garden gnomes.  Heigh ho, heigh ho.... Happily, M&S supplied the Stollen!

Sorry I'm not getting around to commenting on many blogs this week.  I will be back as soon as time stretches again!

9 comments:

  1. In France, noone dares to have them in gardens anymore, they seem so out of fashion.. But I know that in Germany, people love them very much!
    Don't worry about commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see these a lot in Westby, WI, but they're Norwegian gnomes there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a large group of nomes. It makes for a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just stopping by quickly too...my mom, from Germany, will love these gnomes! Love looking at your posts...feel like I traveled a bit. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So did you offer a home to any of these little fellows or are they going to be homeless for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find myself wanting one of these silly gnomes . . . I'd put him in the chicken yard for the amusement of the biddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gnomes are kind of cute, but I would be mortified if one showed up in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the gnomes can be quite active, hope nobody was hurt in this image! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thighs expanded an inch just reading that list of sweets! Stollen was a family favorite, but I'd have to hunt hard to find some here. Fun shot of the cheeky garden gnomes. (I'm sadly behind on my blog hopping too.)

    ReplyDelete