I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 7 July 2011

Working on the water


This is something you'd never get me doing!  I can't stand climbing ladders and I especially couldn't stand being on a ladder with its feet in the canal!  It looks like these are painters with quite a demanding task ahead of them - though the canal isn't very deep really.  I featured this lovely little window before on this blog.  It's an office, with a very attractive outlook onto the canal.  I don't think I'd get much work done if my desk was there.  It's right beside the overnight moorings for boats at Salts Wharf and there are usually a couple of narrowboats tied up.

8 comments:

  1. yes, better them than me!i'd like to have such a window too, but I'm not sure to be efficient at work with such a view..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so bad for the chap on the ladder, it's the little lad he has holding the ladder steady at the bottom that I feel sorry for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! I'm assuming that the canal has a concrete bottom? In that case, at least the ladder is standing on something solid and leaning against something solid. Probably not dangerous, and I might even do it for FREE if I could get a ride on that boat afterward. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat shot! And another good argument for never leaving your camera at home! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly not an everyday shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add this to the already-long list of jobs that Jack does not want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just imagine what Monty Python would do with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A ladder above water, nope I would like it either! But what a great shot you captured. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete