I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 12 July 2010

Amber

There have been some lovely summer evenings in Saltaire of late, and some beautiful skies - though usually, by the time I notice, the sunset has all but gone. The terrace of houses behind mine obscures the western sky and I can only see a small patch from my study window (which is usually where I am in the evenings.) So I look up, see a pretty pink or orange sky, grab my camera and dash out and by the time I've legged it down into the village, the best of the show is over! That's happened a few times.... though I did like this rich amber glow I managed to catch behind the tower of Saltaire's lovely church.

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful shot, jennyfreckles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours and silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your colors. I often grab my camera and go running if a sunset looks promising. Sometimes you get there and the clouds fade away so you come home empty handed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now this is a very lovely glow indeed! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete