I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 5 April 2010

Flowers at the foot of the cross

A couple of hours of wonderful Easter hymns (and the Hallelujah Chorus as promised) at St Peter's Church last night was balm to my soul. And then I feasted my eyes on the beautiful arrangements of spring flowers on all the window ledges. As someone who can't even arrange daffs artfully in a straight vase (!) I am quite envious of people who can make cut flowers look so amazing (though, to be honest, I'd still rather see 'a host of golden daffodils' dancing in the breeze outside). In a few days the whole place will smell of lilies too, as there were many of them, donated in memory of loved ones. I adore the heady scent of lilies. I have said before that it's one of the things I love about Salts Mill, as they always have huge bowlfuls of lilies in the 1853 Gallery.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice service and the flowers are special. The daffs look huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! --- and what is more heavenly than the fragrance of a lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of partial to lilies myself....
    That must be so striking to see all the ledges filled with that glorious spring color. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete