I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 6 March 2010

Sunset

So there I was, after work yesterday, trudging home from the local supermarket with my weekend shopping... I was looking at the sky, thinking about what my photography course tutor had said about gathering a stock of pictures of nice skies. (We learned this week how to insert a new sky into a photo instead of a boring grey one - and how to make it look realistic, which is really the key.) Anyway, the sky overhead was quite pretty, blue and slightly pink. As I walked, I realised that the sunset was going to be fabulous as it developed. So, I quickened my pace for home, flung the shopping into the porch and hot-footed it into the centre of Saltaire village with my compact, before the magic left the sky. (Didn't even run upstairs for my larger camera, as I know how quickly sunsets rise and fall away.)

I took several photos. This is one I like the best. I have always appreciated the uniquely recognisable silhouette of Saltaire's church and outlined against a good sky it looks even better.
And no computer trickery needed.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sky, deep colours, and the silhouette works really well. Someone once said that you should always have a compact with you, but I must admit I don't. How often have we seen something that would have made a good shot. Sunsets are classic for changing so quickly; nice one. Sounds as though you are enjoying the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sky. I love the range of colour and the richness of the orange behind the trees. Definitely worth the quick turnaround!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Very beautiful. And the hulking silhouette of the church is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SImply beautiful and awesome !~!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to end the day. Awesome capture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a stunning picture! Glad you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete