I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 15 October 2009

Whoops!


I said yesterday that in the past people were able to alter Saltaire's houses, in ways that the present residents cannot because the planning regulations are much stricter. Today's photograph shows, I think, why those regulations were needed. With apologies to the homeowners, I do find it hard to understand why someone would go to these lengths to alter this little cottage - not only changing the doors and windows but completely altering the window shape. I suppose it was to stamp their own individual style on their property...but in my view it was a rather misguided effort. Unfortunately if anyone wanted to restore it to something like the original, they would have a substantial rebuilding job on their hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment